My Jimbo Hook

kariholtz

I'm in love! I totally love this hook. I got it on Christmas Eve so it was like an early Christmas present and went straight to work on a very very special project that I finished edging yesterday.

The hook is gorgeous and so wonderful to use!

th_de648f43.jpg

th_3c711aed.jpg

And here's what it made, and as I said it is special as it is for the boy's gma Dawn who lost her husband and her sister this year and sounded so alone and so sad when we talked on the phone for Christmas that I just HAD to make her a big hug.

th_04307f3c.jpg

Thank you so much Jim I love my hook!

Ooooh pretty!

Yours might have a somewhat similar look. I've been trying to take Natalie's sage advice and lengthen the throats a bit (that straight piece between the hook and the finger pads). But that led me to wonder if folks might prefer otherwise. Yours are about 2", Marvie, but i just wonder if others would prefer longer or shorter throats. Maybe i otta add that to my "post a picture of your grip" post?

See, I think it all has a lot to do with what size hook it is, too. I mean, for a fat hook, you'll probably be using fat yarn, so you need a long throat just to make stitches like a dc.

For a skinny hook/yarn combo, you probably wouldn't be doing so many yo's that the throat would be too short. I hope that makes sense, Jim, since I know you're not a hooker yourself.

I'm in love! I totally love this hook. I got it on Christmas Eve so it was like an early Christmas present and went straight to work on a very very special project that I finished edging yesterday.

The hook is gorgeous and so wonderful to use!

th_de648f43.jpg

th_3c711aed.jpg

And here's what it made, and as I said it is special as it is for the boy's gma Dawn who lost her husband and her sister this year and sounded so alone and so sad when we talked on the phone for Christmas that I just HAD to make her a big hug.

th_04307f3c.jpg

Thank you so much Jim I love my hook!

Th hook looks comfy:hook and I just love the shawl:clap it is gorgeous and in my favorite color too! Can you share the pattern you used? and the yarn?

That's one of your madrona hooks, isn't it, Jim? I love how it looks as if the grain is burled. Very pretty!

Edited to say: I just remembered I could click on the picture for a closer view. Wow! I'm even more impressed with the wood! Not really burled but it's so cool!

Hi Tikki, and thanks... but the madrona did all the real work. Yes its pretty, but then so's the apple, and the fir, and the maple... and oh yeah the Juniper! Juniper from Az is really nice. Subtle but nice. Now i'd love to work on a branch from a redwood or sequoya. And i was down there a couple months ago and didn't think to get some. Sometimes i'm such a dolt. I bet redwood branches are incredible.

Th hook looks comfy:hook and I just love the shawl:clap it is gorgeous and in my favorite color too! Can you share the pattern you used? and the yarn?

The pattern can be found HERE it's my favorite pattern for shawls, it's so fast and easy you can make it super quick and out of just about anything I would think. I used Jo-Ann Sensations Rainbow Boucle Yarns (dark blue).

Archived