Lion Brand Drunkard's Path Afgan

insurechick

Question

Has anyone made this afghan? I have tried the first block of this afghan several times and it seems to come out diamond shaped rather than square and just plane odd once I get to the slip stich part of the pattern.

Just looking for hints...help!!

12 answers to this question

Maybe since its called Drunkard's Path, its gonna be all weird and wonky...ever seen somebody drunk trying to walk?:lol

or someone drunk crocheting? I've done that, and hope the afgahn dosen't look like what I saw the next morning :P

It's not a free pattern. But you can see it on the lion brand website.

http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/PictPage/1920694971.html

Is the link for the booklet that has the pattern, you can kindof see the picture below second down on the left...but it's really small.

Last night I tried it again. I think I was just trying to make the stiches to small. You have to make the stiches faily loose to have the play so the squares will work. I also learned that the after sl st and then turn...when they tell you to sl st to start the row...don't put it in the sl st you just made...go down one more st and it will look much better.

I guess persistence pays off!

ooh! i love crocheted quilts...gonna have to order this thing pretty soon. by chance, is the drunkard's path squares like making a mitered square? i have that problem too..they come out diamond shaped. never did figure out how to make it right...

ooh! i love crocheted quilts...gonna have to order this thing pretty soon. by chance, is the drunkard's path squares like making a mitered square? i have that problem too..they come out diamond shaped. never did figure out how to make it right...

I'm not sure? What is a mitered square??

i have that pattern booklet somewhere, will try and find it to help you soon, you can buy this at joanns/michael/ even walmart i think has it, i of course got mine at joanns cause i recieve that lovely discount for teaching there:P :P lol but i will try and help ya if i can, give me a few days though, have tons of crud to do this week.:hug :hug

Like I said in another post, I think I figured it out...I was just trying to make the stiches to tight...something that comes up for me quite regularly ;) . I don't necessarily like how the slip stiches come out at the end of the pattern either...kinda chunky, but once you sew the squares together, you won't notice it, so it really doesn't matter I guess.

Anyway...thanks for being willing to help!

Archived