fav easy scarf pattern?

I have a question for everyone! My office is having a secret santa present draw, it just got totally screwed up! someone's name was forgotten, so we had to do the draw again, and some staff weren't in the office, or didn't believe that we had to do the draw again, and went ahead with their first pick, instead of drawing a name again. I hate it when my emails get ignored!!!

anyways, there are two names that haven't been picked, so I told one of the supervisors that I could crochet a couple of scarves for the ladies who names had not been picked. I've done one so far, an off white scarf, it turned out nice.

Does anyone have a favourite scarf pattern that's easy and quick? The first one I made, I just used a pattern from the "63 more squares afghan sampler" It's like an alternating shell pattern, with chains. it's nice!

I need a pattern done with ww yarn, or even a chunky type of yarn. The gift exchange is on the 21st! I've started a scarf, that's basically dc, with a row of just doing a dc, then a chain, skipping a stitch, then dc all the way across, but it's going so slow, because it's a fine yarn. very fine. too fine, also, becuase in the beginning, on a few rows, I missed the end stitch, and you can kind of see that it's gotten narrower, just by a bit.

So, I need something new. I was thinking that a nice soft yarn, or chenille might be nice. The lady it is for, is pretty well coordinated, and seems to always have her outfit planned, and things matching. (unlike me!) lol. She matches purse color, to tops, or something. pretty fancy!

Please help!!!

I just made a couple of scarves that went pretty quickly: one is a heather gray done in HDC and trimmed around in black fun fur. I didn't make all that long, about 5 feet. I used a 6mm hook. I LOVE the way it came out and it took no time.

The other is plain wine color in a stitch I can't remember the name of: Alternate sc and dc and in each row you are sc on top of a dc and dc on top of a sc. What IS that called? It went pretty quick too. 6 mm hook

But the quickest is a blue mohair for mom. Kind of narrow, only 13 dc across done with a 6.5 mm hook. That one is FLYING! The yarn is the star in this one.

I am just finishing a hat and scarf combo for one of my buddies. The Lucid and Lunatic patterns from crochetme are simple with a spike stitch to keep them from being plain. It's great if you are doing more than one color, because the spikes really show, but I did one Lunatic set in green heather wool ease and they turned out just fine.

I made this scarf in an hour with my free ball of "Jungle Jive" Bernat Disco.. Before I say any more somebody suggested making a scarf like this recently so thank you to them for the idea.

JungleJiveScarf.jpg

It doesn't photograph very well :( In real life you could even use it as tinsel for the tree - or even instead of a tree :D

Anyway, this is what I did:

Ch3, 4dc in 3rd chain from hook, repeat until you run out of yarn or it is as long as you want it.

Great ideas! I've been saved! our receptionist just said that she hadn't picked a new name yet, so she will buy for the last person! Yay! But I do plan on using some of these patterns for extra christmas presents! woo hooo! I really like the last ruffle scarf, and I can't remember right now, which other ones!!!

I made this scarf in an hour with my free ball of "Jungle Jive" Bernat Disco.. Before I say any more somebody suggested making a scarf like this recently so thank you to them for the idea.

It doesn't photograph very well :( In real life you could even use it as tinsel for the tree - or even instead of a tree :D

Anyway, this is what I did:

Ch3, 4dc in 3rd chain from hook, repeat until you run out of yarn or it is as long as you want it.

That is the same color I got! I was thinking of making my sister a scarf... her fave color is green... what size hook did you use???

Tina

BTW, your scarf looks great!

I'm glad you like the scarf, Tina. In reality it does look cute when folded in half before wrapping round your neck.

I used a 6.5mm (K) hook which is a fairly big hook, at least it is for me. I found that it worked up better if the tension was loose.

Archived