Crochet with ribbon?

The other day, on a whim, and because I happened to have an unused spool of ribbon lying around, I decided to crochet myself a scrunchie with ribbon. Well, it would have turned out better if I hadn't run out of ribbon *g* But has anyone else tried this? I'm thinking it might look especially neat if I added a few beads, and maybe some ribbon streaming down the back-- perfect for a little girl.

• 2 weeks later...

That had crossed my mind, but if you add up yardage)if you want to do something large) isent it very expensive? Seems like I had done this but I dont remember. I have 7 skiens of incredible tht I got on sale and have started several things with it and just cant get what I want going, ya know? Although a belt sounds nice.....what pattern did ya use rachel?

• 2 weeks later...
That had crossed my mind, but if you add up yardage)if you want to do something large) isent it very expensive?

My local Michaels' always has a bin of clearance ribbon for $1 a spool, up near the registers. Maybe your does, too? This topic has inspired me to ransack it! :lol I saw lots of spools of the same color, so coming up with a decent amount wouldn't be too expensive, that way...

Archived