You Can't Please Everyone

Here's a hat update ... :)

Bright and early this morning I hear, "April, where's my hat, where's my hat?"

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry but I left my crochet bag on the floor last night and well ... the kitten got at it."

"What you mean, the kitten got it?"

"Shredded. The entire hat. It's ruined."

"Why you leave your bag on the floor?"

"Well, I guess you could say it was a ... mistake."

April :laughroll

Here's a hat update ... :)

Bright and early this morning I hear, "April, where's my hat, where's my hat?"

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry but I left my crochet bag on the floor last night and well ... the kitten got at it."

"What you mean, the kitten got it?"

"Shredded. The entire hat. It's ruined."

"Why you leave your bag on the floor?"

"Well, I guess you could say it was a ... mistake."

April :laughroll

:2rock:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Good for you! Hopefully, she didn't miss the sarcasm.

I think you should wear it to work tomorrow, and see what she says! ;)

Wear it !!!! Definitely! And i hope you wear it and get tons of compliments from other coworkers in front of her.

I love how you handled it! And, yes, wear the hat! I can't believe she had enough nerve to ask you about it after complaining! And, I agree with the others that selling a hat for $5.00 is way too low!!!!

What did she excpect really, a handmade object is never 100% neat, it's impossible.

just buy her a hat from walmart or somewhere and say to her that this was the best you could do if it wasn't supposed to show it was made by a real person...

Oh my! Some people are just so hard to get along with...and unbearably rude!! I agree with your decision not to give her the hat, and I really think you showed some real strength for not going off on her rudeness when she handed the hat back to you.

I have made some items for family members, and a few friends. And they have all loved them. I made Red Hat scarves out of Red and Purple Fun Fur for my MIL and her best friend, and they have gone to all the meetings (and frankly, all over town....lol) telling everyone that I made them and how wonderful I am. Gee, they act like I knitted them a cashmere cardigan in 5 minutes while doing all the housework and playing with the baby. It's SuperCrafter! lol. It feels amazingly good to make things for people who appreciate them.

The lady you work with is a flake. She would have found something "wrong'' with the hat no matter how perfect it was. I would suppose she is unhappy with just about everything in her life, and that she has very few true friends.

Feel sorry for her and give the hat to someone else. Or wear it to work yourself. Hee hee. :)

Hugs! Juli

Archived