Mailing doilies/snowflakes

Harvestar

So I made my mom a doily and was wondering how best to mail it so it stays flat. 2 pieces of cardboard? (I'm not going to starch it since she and I both like doilies that hang over the edges of shelves, or at least have the option to do that)

Also, I made small snowflakes for including in Christmas cards this year - how is best to mail those? Wrap in tissue paper? Put a light piece of cardboard around them?

I'm just really trying to keep costs down this year since I might not get paid for working next year.

If you aren't stiffening them, I don't see why just a simple padded envelope wouldn't work... As for Christmas Cards, I personally don't think anything is needed. The card won't be opened while enroute and so I would just send it in the card myself...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

If it's not starched so doesn't need to stay perfectly stiff, I'd pack it the same way I used to do comic books when I was selling them on ebay--put it between two pieces of cardboard and ship in a padded envelope. Or if you're worried about it getting bent in transit, you could sandwich it between cardboard or use a paper towel tube and ship it in a box instead.

I'm about to mail out some doilies later this week (ha! I say that like they're finished or something!) and I'm probably going to do the cardboard thing with them.

I put snowflakes in Christmas cards last year with no support and they did just fine. I had no complaints.

I mail doilies (and large amounts of snowflakes) sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard with some of that foam bubblewrap (the really really really thin stuff). I use that mainly to keep it from sliding around if the cardboard gets bent or banged around in shipping.

Thanks everyone! :)

There's other stuff I'll be mailing to my mom for Christmas, so I think I'll just put it between the cardboard.

And I'll go with just the snowflakes in the envelopes. :)

Thanks!

Archived