Here's my ripple afghan, Show me your ripple afghans!

Merlot

:think Forgot to say that I worked into the back loop only occasionally on the rectangle Afghan and on the round ripple. That left me a place to add the eyelash type yarn.

:cheer Sheila85222.

I am the same, I did not do this pattern for years, until I got inspired after joining Crochetville. Usually took me several tries to get started until someone was having a problem working out the pattern so I printed it out to test for them and ended up enjoying it so much I made two rectangular ones and I will probably make more.

I gave one to my mum who is 89 yrs old and she loves the feel of the eyelash yarn. The whole thing is acrylic so it washes and dries really quickly which is ideal in a resthome. I had to label it to say, "Do not put in the Dryer" though as her mohair rug was turned into towel size from single bed size, in the dryer.:think

The round one, I gave to a new baby boy who was born in our street in about August. He could not take his eyes off it so I guess the rainbow colours stood out for him. Good for his brain development.:hug

:cheer I have certainly been inpressed with the size of some of the beautiful Ripples so far. Far too much work fo me so I will stick to the knee rugs thanks.:cheer

Have fun.

Colleen

I made this ripple for my cousin's graduation last May, and the pattern was accepted into the 2007 Crochet Pattern-a-day Calendar. I used the Simply Soft Brites, and I was really pleased with how it turned out.

th_KatesRipple.jpg

Archived