Questions (with pics)

Deb

I'm using Marlo's Felted Rectangle Bag pattern for my very first felted project. I'm using the K hook (Katrina - my TOTC hook) and Paton's Merino Wool (in dark mixed gray). It's working up really nicely. :))

So far, I've finished the bottom.

bagbottom.jpg

Here's a close up - to show how large it actually is...

bagbottomCU.jpg

Now for the questions... :?:?:?

Is it really supposed to be 24 inches long?

Will it shrink enough to make it a purse, or will it be more of a tote?

--- AND ----

Aren't you excited for me??? :yay2

Hey Deb...

I'm excited for you too! :clap

This was the first felted bag I've ever done and I just measured my finished bag so you could get an idea...

My bag measured about 15" across and about 12" high... it's more of a tote than a purse. But it still turned out great.

Can't wait to see the finished bag. :danc

Thanks Beth and Jayme! :D!

Jayme ~ I kind of thought that you had done this bag. :)) Thanks for your encouragement. :)h

(I'm wishing I could finish it already so that I could get to the fun part ~ FELTING!)

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifI made a bag using 100% Peruvian Highland Wool in hdc, metal N hook, that measured 19 inches across the bottom. It fulled down to 9 inches across the bottom.

It was crocheted in a spiral starting with a chain, hdc back and then around the end and continue on back the other side of the chain. Continue hdc around and around and around until I was done. :) Then I threw it in the washer with 6 tennis balls, hot water, soap and let it go. It's probably the best fulled item I've made yet. And so easy! The handles came off a Goodwill find for $3. It's going in as one of the store samples today. :D

th_StoreBag.jpg

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifI made three chains with long tails on both ends. Threaded a yarn needle with one of the ends, put it through the bag, front to inside. Out other tail through the hole in the handle and tied the two tails together. When I was done, I braided the inside tails together. :D

Archived