Scarf/hat/mitten set and a fun fur scarf

PaulaMI

First scarf/hat/mitten set I've made. It's for my 7yr old daughter this winter, she got to pick her colors :) I managed to finish it last weekend, and this week it snowing, good timing on my part :cheer

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/paulam03/projects/crochet_scarfset_4.jpg

Next is my first fun fur scarf. I made it for my mother-in-law for xmas this year. I combined Raspberry and Confetti Lion brand fun fur. I think the combo worked out really well. It was a quick scarf... managed to crochet the whole thing in about 4.5hrs.:c9

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/paulam03/projects/crochet_grammie_scarf_1_1116_2005.jpg

I noticed when picking my son up at school that EVERY little girl (K-3) had either pink or purple colors, or both on shoes, backpacks, clothing. She must be thrilled with this!! She will be the envy of every 7 year old in the universe! Great job!

Very cute!! What pattern did you use for them all? Mostly the hat and mittens? :D I like the fringe on the mittens, that is cool.

It is snowing here today, too! (First snow) :snow

Tina

Would love the pattern for the scark and mittens or hat if you have it. I make sets for charity and , I feel, the better the children like them, the more likely they will be to use them. Marcilee, from MN. where are you? Childrens Home Society, in St. Paul needs hats and mittens for their Little Red Stocking Program, they would adore your work!!!!:cheer

they are are awsome . I like the looks of fun fur but I don't know if I can do it.

I was freaked out by the fun fur at first too... kept losing stitches and getting frustrated. A lady from another board I post to recommended using size P on up for fun fur. I was using too small of a hook that was why I kept losing stitches. After I switched to the size P hook it was easy. Just straight sc til I was done. I did loose a stitch a couple of times but an increased fixed it and the fun fur hides mistakes :) Just do it horizontal not vertical so it's less noticable if you miss a stitch and have to do an increase :)

As far as the pattern, I followed it straight from that book except the hat which I had to make smaller to fit my daughters head. It was real straight forward. I'd recommend picking that book up. It wouldn't be right of me to copy the pattern without the authors consent. You can get a used copy off amazon for around $11.

Thanks for all the compliments :) It gives me motivation to work on a motif afghan :devil

Archived