I did it! This is AWESOME!

PJ

:woohoo

I just pulled my felted pouch out the wash, and I LOVE it! This was my first felting project, my first time to work in rounds, and only my third completed project ever, and I'm so proud of myself. The felting hid my little boo-boos I made the first couple of rounds. :) I'm glad I bought a lot of the wool; next I'm going to do a bag to match.

Here are the before and after pics...

25_360x480FeltedPouchFeb270.jpg

50_FeltedPouchFeb27006.jpg

My husband loved it too. He even thought of a great idea, though it would be expensive and time-consuming...a felted crocheted quilt.

See more WIPs and other random stuff on my blog...

The Pajama Monologues

It's brand-new, so there's not a lot to it now, but it's coming...

:clap Great job! I love felting because it will hide my mistkes *g* I don't even bother to fix them unless they're huge screw ups lol

As for your hubby's idea... here's a thought. You could do squares, just plain old square or rectangle pieces with no fancy stitches since those would get lost in the felting, then sew them together. If you did it with leftover wool from other felting projects or even used LB Fishermans wool (which you get to dye before you felt heheh that's fuuuuuun!) that's only about $8.00 a skein, but anyway... my point is... it could be done. and if you did it over a while, the cost wouldn't hurt so much =)

Thanks! I used Patons merino wool, which is soooo soft and snuggly I was hesistant to wash it for fear of messing it up. I washed it on hot for about 13 minutes (about half of the longest wash cycle), then rinsed in cool water.

Marvie--that's kind of what I was thinking, doing squares and felting individually. I like your scrap wool idea...I'm sure I'll be doing more projects with this, and that's a great use for it. I know at some point I'm going to make some throw pillows this way. :)

That looks great! :)h Congratulations on your first fulled bag!

:clap:clap:clap

And Marvie, I love your idea about doing a fulled square quilt! I have leftover bits of fisherman's wool I dyed that would make a couple of squares apiece, plus a few other leftover bits... hmm. :thinking1

-jess

I like your bag a lot! It shrank down more than my first one did -- I'm kinda hoping my second one will do that. Funny using the book to show us the size, but too bad to cover up Jon's darlin' face! LOL

I love the idea of making patches of felt and assembling them into a quilt after you have enough of them. A crazy quilt look is springing to mind. Guess I'll need to use my scraps and bits to make various sizes and shapes of felt, and just keep them bagged up til I have enough to assemble. Could take quite a while, but what the heck.

Lene'

Thanks! Hehe, I'm a big Jon Stewart fan. Gave that book to my husband for Christmas, and I'm going to read it too once I finish some of the books on my must-read list. "The Daily Show" is one of the only shows I watch regularly. :)

Archived