Pattern Question

jstaff

Question

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on this pattern.

https://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2024/07/drama-mama-square.html

I am on round 13 and I can't seem to get it correct. I can only get 3 leaves in on 1 side and then I am at the end of the side. I have redone it several times and I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I checked and I have the correct number of stitches from the last round so that is not the problem. Am I reading the pattern incorrectly?

Thank you for any help!

20241008_155459(1).jpg

Edited by jstaff

3 answers to this question

Looks like you made more sc between the leaves than the pattern calls for.  Excerpt from pattern below.  It says make leaf then sc in the next 2 sc

Leaf (see special stitches), sc in the next 2 sc}

• Like 1

@jstaff.  That is a beautiful square you're working on.  When you get your little problem fixed, I hope you will put a photo of it here. 

Look at the pattern photo, bottom left corner photo - the number of white SC at each end of that corner don't match, bottom half of the corner has 4 sc, the left side half has 5, so the designer 'fudged' a little to make it work out.  Probably no one would have noticed, I might not have if I hadn't been looking for 'something'.  Also, double check my guess, but some of the bases of the 'leaves' seem to not be consistent re: the number of stitches they span.

If I were making this, I'd probably use stitch markers to 'mark' where each 'leaf base center' needed to be, because that is the part that will be more obvious.  Or maybe, go back and adjust the last blue row and add or subtract stitches, because that is the 'base' that has to have the right number of stitches for the next round to work, and I think adjustments might not show as much this way all in the blue area, especially if you made them near the corners.