Francesca Angel

2 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/francesca-crochet-angel-pattern/

So much cancer.  😔 My dil sister recently diagnosed w/ breast cancer with metastasis. She’s in her 30s. Started chemo today. 
Will be on my hook shortly. 

I am sorry Diana, cancer is so sinister and she is so young.  I pray she will be ok and that pattern is great, I saved that one as my to do's.  ❤️

I love the angel, thank you for your link. 

D**n cancer, I'm so sorry about your DIL, and so young.  I've had cancer twice (in my early 40s the first time, also breast cancer) and am still kicking and my hair has gone grey in the meantime.  Tell her you 'know' someone who has survived cancer twice.  The first time, I was encouraged when my boss told me her sister survived BC and at the time was still kicking many years later cancer free, and it really lifted my spirits at the time to think of this person who I didn't know 'got past it' OK.  Maybe I can be 'that person her MIL knows that got past cancer twice OK'.  (The second time was last year, different cancer but it was the lowest grade and hadn't spread.)

45 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

I love the angel, thank you for your link. 

D**n cancer, I'm so sorry about your DIL, and so young.  I've had cancer twice (in my early 40s the first time, also breast cancer) and am still kicking and my hair has gone grey in the meantime.  Tell her you 'know' someone who has survived cancer twice.  The first time, I was encouraged when my boss told me her sister survived BC and at the time was still kicking many years later cancer free, and it really lifted my spirits at the time to think of this person who I didn't know 'got past it' OK.  Maybe I can be 'that person her MIL knows that got past cancer twice OK'.  (The second time was last year, different cancer but it was the lowest grade and hadn't spread.)

You are welcome.  We could all use a guardian angel in our lives.  🙂

Not my dil, but her only sister.  We had a cancer scare this past Christmas.  Her husband, my eldest son, also in his 30s.  Post surgery he is monitored every 3 months.  Doctors have been surprised that so far so good. (also, left the originating site) It's not surfacing on scans and the blood tests are staying low.  Very happy that you have won your cancer battle(s).  hugs

She'll be on chemo roughly 7 months then re-evaluate for surgery.  Day by day.  DIL is the younger sister and has scheduled her first mammo.

Very sorry about the cancer diagnosis.  The word always sends a chill thru my heart. 

Her angels are wonderful. She has some different ones.   I made this one for a friend when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I loved it was made with worsted weight yarn and didnt require stiffening to stand or for shaping.

20161005_161505.thumb.jpg.b172e4791bd9a91748e1f98d46c61b8b.jpg

• Like 3