Buttons VS. Shower Curtain Rings

Jayashiangel

Question

Hey everyone hope I got your attention...

I haven't been in hiding....Got married in April switched jobs in August after working for the same company for 18 years...Which also includes being absent minded and forgetting 🙃 This year has flew by......

But I do need a little bit assistance with a project i'm currently working on... I'm currently working on some Walker bags. The question at hand is.....

Would you rather have a button to hook it with over your walker bar (straps) or the use of clear plastic shower curtain rings attached to the strap???

:think

Edited by Jayashiangel

4 answers to this question

Congratulations on getting married!

It might depend on how big the bag is, is it for carrying a Kleenex, phone and keys that don't weigh much, or a portable air generator thing (or a purse that is as heavy as mine is 🙄)?  A plastic shower ring is not designed to carry much weight-- mine has 11 rings so 1 ring is designed to carry the weight of one-eleventh of a flimsy shower curtain and nothing else. 

Is this a for a specific person?  You might ask them.  If not, or if it's for a gift, I'd consider crocheting top edge and the straps in SC using the smallest hook I could stand, and make the straps at least a couple of stitches wide to distribute the weight.

Edited by Granny Square

I've been searching for a pattern that I like to make one for my walker. I just might break down and either sewn one together or order one for my walker. I've not seen one with curtain rings before, and I think the buttons would probably make it look a bit fancier and easier to put on or remove. Especially for arthritic hands. As Granny Square mentioned, the straps need to be tightly crocheted to prevent stretching. I would also be concerned about breakage with the rings.

Thanks everyone...... I don't currently have a plan for these except to give them out/ away.. It's just something to work on cause I'm bored.... I'm currently just using yarn that's in my stash......

Button straps it will be then...

The one that I currently have almost completed is bright yellow with a black trim.... Measurements 14.5 wide and 11.5 tall ...As I know that people need to carry lots of things. And I designed it to be a little bit bigger... I also opted to just make it a gigantic pocketo. Give more availability to put anything in.....After viewing several crochet photos online.....

Reni, If you would like to be the proud owner of one of my bags when I get one completed, shoot me your mailing address in a PM.... 

Edited by Jayashiangel

I like the idea of buttons for a little bling as well as function and probably more strength.  But, something like the handles that encircle this gym bag might distribute weight better than narrow strips coming out of the top and attached by just a few stitches, maybe?  

https://www.amazon.com/Compartment-Swimming-Waterproof-Overnight-Hospital/dp/B0B1P5QMP9/ref=sr_1_23?c=ts&keywords=Gym%2BBags&qid=1702511948&s=apparel&sr=1-23&ts_id=15743181&th=1