Weaving in ends

Nicolapen

Question

4 answers to this question

Would it work if you tied a knot leaving a couple of pieces of ends, and 'frayed' the ends to make a tassel?  If the thought of a tassel appeals to you, you could cut a short piece and tie it in with the knot, if that makes sense, to make the tassel more  robust.

Or, you might be able to split the plies into 2 ends and weave them in separately.

Edit, if you had made an "I cord" (the term is borrowed from knitting, the I stands for 'idiot' because it is simple to do), you could have hidden the ends a little better in the middle; it also would have been a bit thicker.  A crochet I cord is just working around a tiny circle, maybe 3 or 4 stitches, around and around.

Edited by Granny Square

When I make the draw strings for doll purses, doll ponchos and soap sacks I take the draw string and make a knot (or 2) as close to the end as I can and then clip the threads pretty close like maybe between 1/8 to 1/4 inch long.  If you weave in the end it will be noticeably thicker.  I tried a few times and was happier with knot.