Beginning again with doilies

Lois Truxell

Haven't crocheted in maybe twenty-five years but want to make doilies for granddaughters. Quit when one daughter told me nobody wants those things, but her daughter does. Glad to find a forum like this. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the 'ville, I like to make doilies too, and have a whole pile of them in my closet; they get rotated around the house, more or less.  I think they are so much more interesting and educational (technique-wise) than most other things; some patterns are pretty inventive, and 'think outside the row'.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lois Truxell said:

Haven't crocheted in maybe twenty-five years but want to make doilies for granddaughters. Quit when one daughter told me nobody wants those things, but her daughter does. Glad to find a forum like this. 

Welcome to Crochetville Lois

Those of us threadies have heard that many times.  I prefer to crochet mostly doilies and I also teach crochet.  Funny, all the newbies want to learn lace work before they can even put the thread on the hook.  There is still an appeal for the doilies even if people are afraid to say it out loud. lol.  We have a show and tell here where we can post pictures of our work, would love to see some, if you want to show it off.

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

You will find lots of friends here who like to make doilies.