Coaster-Along

flybabytina

I went out today and bought some thread in mint green and navy blue. (not to using them together, mind you. Although, they might no look too bad now that I think of it.)

I will be making at least two sets of coasters and since I bought thread it looks like they will be made with that. The green will be for some friends who are coming from England to visit for Christmas.

The navy blue will be for my sister. We exchange a stocking with each other every year and I thought this would be perfect to fit into her stocking.

I haven't decided on a pattern though. Once I do, I will post you all the link to the one I make. I will probably be able to get it started this weekend sometime. I am currently making a purse for another girlfriend for Christmas and that is almost done. Once that wraps up, I can start on the coasters. :clap

Oh my, I'm turning into a crochet along addict! I'd love to join you guys on this. I have a pattern that I put aside a long time ago for thread coasters that I can do :)

thanks for sharing that is a great gift ideal

I have a pattern for Christmas coasters done with the CDs in the middle, free on my website. Click under the Christmas link.:wreathThen click on the Christmas Coaster link.:)

• 2 weeks later...

...Done.

I decided to only do two sets since that is all I have time for. Gotta get those other gifts done now. After seeing these two sets I did, I really want a set for myself now. That will have to wait until later next year. :(

Anyway, I posted the pics of them in the Show and Tell Thread forum but I thought I would post them here too if that's all right.

th_100_1445_edited.jpg

th_100_1437_edited.jpg

The first one is the Scallops Coaster and the second one is the Aspiring Accents Coaster.

I cheated a little on the coaster along. This is a thread crochet doily set that I started last year and put aside. I finished the last 3 in the last couple of weeks. They are a slight modification of the "Baroque Inspiration" pattern by Denise Augostine. Her site does not appear to be up any longer.

72594497_0672639d73.jpg

coasteralong, originally uploaded by vigilant20.

Archived