Finally! My Hat Pictures.

Tikki

(Edit: You can see the pics through the links down at my next post.) My nieces are modeling the hats for me.

I designed the pink hat for Lily last year but since she's outgrown it, it's been passed on to Annie. Annie loves it and wouldn't even take it off long enough to try on my newer creations. There used to be a blue pom-pom on top but it came loose and only the securing loop remains.

The grey-and-pink hat looks darker than it really is. The gray is Caron Simply Soft and the pink is Crinkle, which fluffs up really nice. Though you can't see it, the gray is done in same pattern as the top of the green hat.

The green hat has a brim of confetti yarn coupled with size 10 light green crochet thread. Though Lily is modeling them, both the gray and green hats are actually adult sizes.

As are the blue-and-white hat and the varigated brown watch cap, though the brown would fit a smaller head best. The are also variations of the above pattern. The varigated is a sport weight print that I don't think is made any more. I got a couple skiens of it at an estate sale. I like the unusual shade of the blue and it goes well with the mohair-like white.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, I'm better at crocheting than computering. I got the threehats pic to work now. Had to rename it in my files and reload it to photobucket.

And, for some reason, Mozilla won't let me copy and paste to Crochetville so I had to copy and paste to my notepad and them manually enter them here. I know there's got to be a better way but I'll have to expand my knowledge of it later. It's time to call it a day for now.

Thank you for all your kind comments. Yes, it is nice when someone really appreciates what you do. When I had my nieces model the hats, I kind of forgot to mention to their mom that I just wanted some pictures of my work.

I heard through our other sister the next day that she had been suprised when she realized I hadn't left any hats for them. Ooops!

Maybe next time I'll get pictures of the his-and-her hats I made for my sister and her husband.

Anyway, I realized that there isn't a clear picture of the blue-and-white hat so I'm going to try to post another url. :eek

http://129.photobucket.com/albums/c261/TikkiFinn/myhatsblue.gif

The hats are cute - I especially love the green one! And your nieces are precious, that little one is adorable with that pink hat, lol! She's so fixated on her pez that nothing else matters!

And, for some reason, Mozilla won't let me copy and paste to Crochetville so I had to copy and paste to my notepad and them manually enter them here. I know there's got to be a better way but I'll have to expand my knowledge of it later. It's time to call it a day for now.

The only way to copy/paste into the message composition box is to use the keyboard shortcut keys rather than the right-click button on your mouse: copy = Ctrl-C and paste = Ctrl-P. I think it's a problem with the forum software rather than Mozilla (I've never tried it in IE, don't know if it's the same there), but that's your easiest way around it. Sometimes it can be faster that way too. HTH.

Archived