Seeking Potholder Pattern

RecycleCindy

Question

I am trying to find a potholder pattern where you use a store-bought potholder and crochet onto it. I think I've seen some that are folded-over or just crocheted to the top of the potholder. Any one know this pattern? I want to use some dollar store potholders to crochet this project. Thanks in advance for any help you might have in locating a pattern for me.

14 answers to this question

7 hours ago, ReniC said:

Hi Cindy- Are you referring to something like this? The crochet border is almost halfway down the site.

No not the one I was looking for. The one I remember is where you take a store-bought potholder and crochet along the top or folded over. I can't find it so far. Thanks for trying and I appreciate your help.

Did you mean like a sleeve or cover to slip over a purchased potholder? If you do find it, keep us posted. It sounds interesting. 

Edited by ReniC

On 10/12/2022 at 10:48 AM, ReniC said:

Did you mean like a sleeve or cover to slip over a purchased potholder? If you do find it, keep us posted. It sounds interesting. 

Here is the idea but I didn't find a crochet towel version. I am going to try and make one on my own.

231609328_Potholdertowel.jpg.d1a2cd461b6c497fa9d33d3ffb7bd8f7.jpg

There is something suspicious about the above pic.  Initially I thought this could just be made by adding a 'rope' of firmly made crochet stitches attached to opposite sides of a pot holder, and it still may BE that, but the line across the top of the towel seems too straight -- I'd think it would sag if that's all it was.  It would still be functional if the towel holder wasn't perfectly straight , but I can't see how 'just crochet' would look quite like that.

I'd think the version in the photo would have to been crocheted over a wooden dowel or something similar, which perhaps could be removed for washing.

Sorry but I didn't find a crochet version either, but the original is here in case anyone else is interested that uses a sewing machine.

Ah, I wasn't picturing the towel being completely attached all the way across, but rather a one-stop 'grab the handy potholder and ditch the towel' or or 'use the potholder for 1 hand, and the folded towel for the other, to take the casserole out of the oven', not only just 'wipe your hands with the towel on the potholder hanger' .

Well here is my first attempt at crocheting the potholder towel project I was seeking a pattern for. I want to do another one with a plain potholder as if I use a button, it would be on the back otherwise the image would be upside down. But this works for a knob to hang it right-side up. I only had a 2.5 oz of yellow cotton so this is as big as the towel could go. Total length is 14 inches long.

Potholder Towel

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ReniC said:

You nailed it! Looks just like what you were looking for.

Yes it worked out pretty good. I want to do another one with a plain colored potholder with the button for a closure. Thanks for the nice comment.

• Like 1