Hand Eye coordination and Crochet

gemlovesjasper

Question

2 answers to this question

Not exactly sure what you are asking for but maybe these sites will help:

8 Best Tips To Improve Hand Eye Coordination - Icy Health

12 Hobbies to Improve Your Hand-Eye Coordination - Fresh Hobby (Start Something New...)

Knitting and crochet are relaxing hobbies that you can pursue at home while improving your hand-eye coordination.

Create scarfs, hats and socks for loved ones all while improving the connection between your mind, eyes and hands. 

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you are facing this challenge.

Take this from someone who has no clue what might work best (but is trying to be helpful!)--the only thing that occurred to me is trying to see if  diagrammed patterns would be useful--I TOTALLY get that reading a long, complex line of text listing different stitches in a row can be difficult to keep track of.  It would probably work for something flat, or a stitch pattern repeat for a blanket.  The 'hard' part is learning to recognize the symbols, but the symbols 'sort of' look like the stitches once you get the hang of it.  I've read that generations ago, crocheters would copy lace patterns by sight and make a 'swatch' of a pattern and paste them in a book for future reference to make their own item--here is an actual example.

Example, here is a symbol chart for an item most people are familiar seeing, if only in an blanket on your grandma's couch - a granny square.  

• Like 1