Rippling in my graphagan.

Bubba Love

Question

Hello I’ve started a graphagan a few years ago and I didn’t put the size of my hook down.  I’ve tried to finish it but it is rippling what should I do. It’s almost finished so I don’t really want to rip it out.

13 answers to this question

What fiber did you use and how bad is it?  A photo might help us.  Some fibers respond well to blocking.  Of course you know the best way to fix it is to pull it out and redo it.  You will have to decide if you can live with it or not.

^ What she said.

I think it might be tough to block just half of it so it looks reasonable.  Or feels reasonable if it is acrylic, heat blocking changes the texture quite a bit, and would be odd if half of it is 'normal' and the other half is limp and crunchy.

You may just have to rip the more recent part out, and swatch with different sized hooks to see which hook's fabric seems to match the earlier part best.  Not so bad to make a quick little swatch or 2 to figure out how to fix it so you'll be happy with it.

When you are writing a post, at the bottom left of the 'box' is a paper clip and it says 'drag files here to attach (pdf, jpg, gif, png)'. 

On the right bottom it says 'other media', which allows you to re-post a file you've posted before (I've made some diagrams to explain/illustrate questions that come up repeatedly in the help section as new crocheters join, so I can pick from drawings/photos I've posted before, but not anybody else's files).

:manyheart   If that were mine I'd feel SO much better about fixing it, the extra work was worth it.  And I know this is all in my head, but when I have to rip and re-do, it seems to go faster the second time.  (plus, that is the cutest zebra ever!)