Introduction of the Crochet King Ryan

CrochetKing

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and I am so excited to start sharing the rest of my crochet journey with all of you.

My name is Ryan. I am a 31 year old man in the middle of South Africa. my journey started about 4 years ago. My granny tried to teach me how to "knit" but it took me an hour to knit 6 plain rows of 10 stitches. So I have decided to do some research on crochet works. I taught myself to crochet after realizing how easy it is and 4 years ago I had to teach my gran how to crochet. It was a lot of fun teaching her. She started with a granny square but it was everything except a square. (she forgot to join at the end and also didn't put chains to start the next row)

Finally she got it right and I moved on to my biggest crochet project that I think I'll ever do.

I made a Queen Size Blanket for my parents using Fillet Crochet Method. That was a huge and difficult project because I crocheted all our names on the blanket. For the border I used a kind of shell stitch in a contrasting colour that looks like you are crocheting 2 rows at once.

So much fun.

My next project will be granny square boxer briefs or any male underwear pattern that I can find. Wish me luck. Can't wait to show my work.

Welcome to the 'ville!  Great story about teaching your grandmother to crochet, and you are ambitious for a new crocheter, a filet queen size blanket, wow!

I enjoy filet but in threadwork doilies.  

Edited by Granny Square

Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.