Clothes Line Helper

Jayashiangel

I live in a mobile home park and the rules are getting tighter on where you can hang your clothes... So I must use this clothes line in the backyard however as you can see it's very tiny I normally hang my clothes on a metal clothing rack that we had purchased from a store out on my patio but due to the fact that we're no longer allowed to do this I had to move the to the clothesline.. previous issue with the clothesline is my next door neighbor has a tree right beside where my clothesline is the branch is overhang in my yard and so I get bird doo doo.... That being said I also have limited space to hang lots of laundry... This past weekend we restrung the clothesline and I still need to get another section of clothesline to finish it off however I've been working on these crocheted holders to hold my hangers on the clothesline... I rather hang my clothes once on hangers onto the clothesline and then into my closet when done....

Here's a quick view of what they look like... The tentative plan is to start off with 50-75.... I may need to have more..

I have two different size clothing hangers some are a little wider than others at the top cuz they're heavy duty they will work with some of these and I also will need to readjust majority of them to have a smaller hole for the hanger... To keep it tighter and allow it to not fall out while hanging on the clothesline as I photo this the wind started blowing and I could see that it's a possibility that my hanger may slip out... I will keep working on the project and update you guys as I go along...

Total scrap project using things from the house....zero cost just time

20220307_150332(1)~2.jpg

20220307_150144.jpg

20220307_150117(1).jpg

You come up with some the neatest ideas! I have a clothesline in my backyard too but never use it because of the heavy winds. Maybe this would work for me too.

Reni-yep I guess that's where my creativity comes from for sure... I'm also going to add a clothes pin to the top while it's on the clothesline just for extra security so it won't slide around cuz I did notice yesterday when I tested it out it did slide around... But in the next few days I will be washing and trying these out so I'll let you know how it goes...

One other thing I did notice when I first started making them you need to use a heavier cotton like peaches and cream as I tried the dollar store cotton that I had and it was too loose & stretchy.

The biggest detail is just making that whole small for the hanger cuz you always remember it'll stretch with the weight of the clothing....

As you can see from this picture it's trying to blow around in the wind but it stayed on the clothesline...

20220307_150124(1)~2.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

21 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Reni-yep I guess that's where my creativity comes from for sure... I'm also going to add a clothes pin to the top while it's on the clothesline just for extra security so it won't slide around cuz I did notice yesterday when I tested it out it did slide around... But in the next few days I will be washing and trying these out so I'll let you know how it goes...

One other thing I did notice when I first started making them you need to use a heavier cotton like peaches and cream as I tried the dollar store cotton that I had and it was too loose & stretchy.

The biggest detail is just making that whole small for the hanger cuz you always remember it'll stretch with the weight of the clothing....

As you can see from this picture it's trying to blow around in the wind but it stayed on the clothesline...

Thank you for the tips. They'll help I'm sure.

24 hours later first batch of clothes used on the clothesline...Pic #1

Also hung up batch number two along with batch number one Pic#2

I've used up all the crocheted pieces I have I still have a few that need to have buttons put on them but I'm working on those.. I figure I will need at least double what I have so that shouldn't be too much more I think I have about 20 so 40 to 50 is about what I thought was right. They seem to be working pretty good and they're holding up they stayed on the line for 24 hours so that's pretty good they didn't fall off I did add a clothespin to keep it from sliding around as it is buttoned on so I can just leave them there and not worry about them being ruined due to the heat like clothes pins get in the summer...🥳

***Now if I can just get the birds to fly around the clothesline that would sure help this clothesline project****

20220310_082500~2.jpg

20220310_083100(1).jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel