Hello! New and in need of help!

xtinahatzi

Hello Everyone! I started learning to crochet a couple years ago. I’ve been successful in making a few items as long as there is a pattern, how to instructions or a very basic/simple stitch. 

However I am in major need of assistance with my most recent project! I had this beautiful mustard blanket that I absolutely LOVED (I did not make this one). Unfortunately, it was destroyed and beyond repair. I was able to take a couple pictures of the blanket and was hoping someone could help me with creating a pattern so that I can recreate what was my favorite blanket. 

I’ve attached to photos to this post. 

Any help is helpful and greatly appreciated!

thank you! 
xtinahatzi 

68672A81-F03F-4D1A-8005-0B14A62CF0CA.jpeg

0E8700D9-41C3-454F-BFAA-C4FB2E4E0E5F.jpeg

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

I do not recognize this, but try the Crochet Help section.  Some one there could probably help.

Welcome to the 'ville!  I agree with Bgs, that is unquestionably knit. 

The bottom is ribbing, the raised stitches are 2 adjacent knit stitches and the space between looks like 3 purl stitches for the side facing us.  Further up, the 2 adjacent knit stitches are 'interrupted' every 5th row by a row of purl stitches - in case you want to learn to knit, this would be a fairly easy pattern to replicate.  I'm not an expert knitter, I've made a lot of sox and sweaters, but most things are pretty much just  those 2 stitches.

edited to add, there is a Tunisian crochet knit and purl stitch, that looks similar to 'the real thing;, but I don't think this is it.

Edited by Granny Square

This crochet pattern comes vaguely close to yours, and is in sort of similar squishy yarn (but your was probably in worsted weight, the yarn called for in this pattern is super bulky).  You could use this pattern but make it bigger easily and use worsted weight if you'd rather  -- a trick with crochet is that you can make a foundation chain longer than you need, and turn back when the first row 'looks right', and unpick the extra chains later.  I do this all the time, I do count the chains but I have also been known to goof so I throw a few extra in, just in case.  Or when I don't want to figure out what the stitch pattern repeat multiple is If I want to alter the size one way or the other.

If you have never made a crochet post stitch, it is simply making a stitch around the body of a stitch in a row below - there are lots of youtubes for front post and back post stitches.  Working around the post is what makes the stitch 'sit in front' of the fabric.

Thank you all so mouth for your help! I’m honestly relieved to know it’s knit and not crocheted. The amount of time I spent looking for a nonexistent pattern is kind of embarrassing, lol.  I should have joined the forum sooner.