Help with Bernie Sanders amigurumi

magicmau5

Question

So I made most of the Bernie Sanders amigurumi but the arms I made turned out to be 7 single crochet in diameter instead of 6 single crochet in the round. Now my coat for Bernie Sanders is going to be too narrow on the sleeves. What should I do? Also, I tried making the coat but I didn't understand the pattern....I need some help!

P.S. I contacted the designer for help so thanks for the advice guys!

Edited by magicmau5

3 answers to this question

Purchased patterns are copyrighted and you can't share the pdf.  A line or two that is confusing you is ok.  Better to contact designer.  If it's a gauge problem they would probably say re-do that section and use a smaller hook if it's larger than pattern indicates. The designer can clarify the coat instructions. There are some free patterns out there so maybe you can adopt the sweaters from one of them.  Bernie in Mittens Doll Crochet Patterns (yourcrochet.com)

NCcountrygal is right, you should remove the pdf--you can get the site owner in legal trouble.

But since you have, you can leave the arms as is and fix the coat by adding a row or 2 to the yoke area, to create deeper armholes.

See photos on pages 13 & 14.  I'm not even reading the directions, I'm just looking at the photos. The back yoke is made in 1 piece from shoulder to underarm.  Then you cut the yarn, reattach to the right shoulder armhole edge of the back and work the right yoke portion from shoulder to underarm. then you make a corresponding left yoke from shoulder to underarm.

The next step is going to be working in 1 continuous piece, the first round connecting left front, back, and right front, just under the armhole, which will close the armholes, and continue down to the coat's hem.

The way to fix all the above pieces so your arms fit - I've underlined 'to underarm' in all the pieces, so all you need to do is add a row or 2 to each yoke piece to make the underarms deep enough to accommodate Bernie's more 'muscular' arms.