Help with a pattern please

CrochetFan89

Question

Hello,

Please can someone explain this cushion pattern?

cH 92 join with a slst 
Row 1 - cH 1, sc in each cH around, join with a slst in the first sc (94)

What I don’t understand is why there should be 94 stitches.. I thought you don’t count slip stitch and even if I did count it I would still be one stitch short.. what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance,

Katie

4 answers to this question

Looks like an error in the pattern.  Look at instructions for round 2 and its stitch count so maybe you can figure it out.  Also search for errata or corrections to the pattern.  I also search thru pattern notes on Ravelry if anyone has posted about the pattern there.

Patterns are notoriously incorrect. Always read the entire pattern through before starting. That will help you to figure it out. I agree with Moz. Some of the patterns I come across seem odd and perhaps they are translated from another language to English. I find that a lot......Good luck!

• Like 1

The instructions seem to be counting the slip stitch as a stitch, so Ch 92, slip stitch = 93
Then you Ch 1 (which you don't count), SC in each chain, and then slip stich again at the end = 94.
It is an odd way, but so long as they provide a stitch count at the end, it should all work out.

~Moz

• Like 1