Fingering Weight Tops

CrafyJp

Question

Hello as the title says I was wondering if anyone has any cute tank or crop top patterns that uses fingering weight yarn? I just ordered 2 hanks (100g and 400yards each) and wanted to make something other than a shawl. Thank you :)

6 answers to this question

So 500 yards total, if I'm understanding you correctly?  Here is a search on Ravelry on tanks in crochet, free, fingering weight tank tops using 450-600 yards; rather slim pickings.  If you are not a member I'm not sure if the search parameters will 'hold' for you, but you can call it up by putting tank top in the search box and selecting the other parameters from the menu on the left side.  (I also chose universal or English).  

I think the 'free' classification isn't always accurate, I just found one that was in a magazine from a few years ago you'd have to hunt for.

38 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

So 500 yards total, if I'm understanding you correctly?  Here is a search on Ravelry on tanks in crochet, free, fingering weight tank tops using 450-600 yards; rather slim pickings.  If you are not a member I'm not sure if the search parameters will 'hold' for you, but you can call it up by putting tank top in the search box and selecting the other parameters from the menu on the left side.  (I also chose universal or English).  

I think the 'free' classification isn't always accurate, I just found one that was in a magazine from a few years ago you'd have to hunt for.

its 400 yards each so 800 total? but if im being honest i dont know lol but thank you so much for replying I will go ahead and look and hopefully I can find something :D

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

There could very well be some patterns at the Drops site that will meet your search.

ooh ok thank you! I have never heard of Drops before so I'll definitely take a look! :D

4 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Oh duh, I need to clean my glasses -- I read the grams as yards in your first post (like 2 skeins of different yardages, 1 @ 100yds and the other @ 400 yds).  :oops Well this should give you more patterns too choose from!

Haha it's ok I have the same problem with my glasses as well :D