What Stitch is This???

Lucy1212

Question

Hi I have been struggling with identifying this stitch for a while. It seems like a granny stitch but when I do that, it doesnt look like this. Any ideas on what it could be or what I might be doing wrong? Thank you so much :)

Screenshot_20210601-001533_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210601-211559_Chrome.jpg

6 answers to this question

The top one is indeed a 'granny stitch', which is the same stitch placement of stitches done in a granny square typically (3 US DC over a chain, or 2, usually) except done in rows, not in the round. 

I can't figure out what you did in the second photo, you invented something new.  BGS just replied as I was pondering the bottom photo, aside from some 2-DC groupings, there's other strange things going on.  For the granny 'stitch' in rows, you never stitch INTO a stitch (except at the very edges).

I'll see if I can find a tutorial for doing the 'granny stitch' in rows.

Edited by Granny Square

Oh, gotcha, sorry for my misinterpretation, but we are on the same page being stumped by it.  

The top photo is clearly 'granny stitch' like the tutorials I linked.

On the bottom pic, the areas looking like <>threw me, it looks like 2 stitch tops connecting to each other; at first I thought 'mile a minute' strips sewn together but that can't be it...

I concur with GrannySquare and Brenda.  Although, both pics might reflect not have a chain between each cluster, thus making the clusters tighter together, which I have successfully done without problems.