In search of a pattern like this

Siouxie

Question

Hi,

I love this crochet top but it’s so expensive to buy. I’ve been looking online for a similar pattern but can’t find anything close.  Does anyone know of something similar or can point me in the right direction ? Many thanks

Susan

80AAA724-BB85-47BD-9060-B563913E9325.png

39D74725-DD0F-4DC3-BF97-F876D205AAB8.png

9 answers to this question

If you find a pattern done in DC, it looks like the stitch pattern is along the lines of:

*6 DC, (DC2Tog, ch2, DC2Tog), repeat.  The 6 DC go into 6 DCs in the row below, the stuff in ( ) goes around the ch2 space in the row below.  Note, it might work better with a ch3 space instead, you'll have to swatch; depends on the tension of your chains versus your stitches, my chains tend to be looser.

8 hours ago, MaryPat said:

Thank you. i can see you used the term tank top, to me that conjures up something different, but it obviously works as now i can see patterns a bit closer to what I want. But they are not quite the same. I think it is likely that the exact pattern doesn’t exist and it’s case of using one design feature from one pattern and another feature from a different pattern and melding then together. I’ve never done that before but i could give it a try. Thanks for your help.

8 hours ago, MaryPat said:

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

If you find a pattern done in DC, it looks like the stitch pattern is along the lines of:

*6 DC, (DC2Tog, ch2, DC2Tog), repeat.  The 6 DC go into 6 DCs in the row below, the stuff in ( ) goes around the ch2 space in the row below.  Note, it might work better with a ch3 space instead, you'll have to swatch; depends on the tension of your chains versus your stitches, my chains tend to be looser.

I’ve only ever followed a pattern, i’ve never gone off and done my own thing, that does seem a bit scary 😧 Thanks for your help.

Good find, that is really close!  To the OP, this uses a sport weight yarn https://www.garnstudio.com/yarn.php?show=drops-safran&cid=19

Each skein of the Safran is 160 meters, which is 175 yards, so if you use this pattern but not that exact yarn, you will have to look at how many skeins of the Safran is needed for your size and multiply by the meters or yards per skein, and then figure out how many skeins of your replacement yarn you will need since different brands will likely have different yardage per skein.  Round up, lots of times I've done this and usually end up with an extra skein BUT not always, and then you'll never find the same dye lot later.  (you can always make a matching hat with the leftovers...)

16 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Reminds me of a Drops pattern from years back. Here’s one currently at the site. A button down style. 
Button tank top

Thank you so this is looking very much like the top i wanted! I just noticed the model has a vest underneath so might have to change the stitch to one which will give more coverage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

Good find, that is really close!  To the OP, this uses a sport weight yarn https://www.garnstudio.com/yarn.php?show=drops-safran&cid=19

Each skein of the Safran is 160 meters, which is 175 yards, so if you use this pattern but not that exact yarn, you will have to look at how many skeins of the Safran is needed for your size and multiply by the meters or yards per skein, and then figure out how many skeins of your replacement yarn you will need since different brands will likely have different yardage per skein.  Round up, lots of times I've done this and usually end up with an extra skein BUT not always, and then you'll never find the same dye lot later.  (you can always make a matching hat with the leftovers...)

Thank you so much