Pink tube fabric glue

maura

Question

Today I found a reference to this product in a post on here - not sure how old it was. The lady who mentioned this glue couldn't recall the brand just that it was in a bright pink tube.

Would anyone know it by this description please? I'm desperate to try it on a small dark coloured baby jacket to stop unruly ends coming through. Not tried glue before but I'm assured it's machine washable and invisible. Any help much appreciated.

9 answers to this question

It might be Sewline Fabric Glue.

Tip: No matter what brand of fabric/sewing glue I've tried in the past, including this brand, it leaves a stiff, bumpy residue on the yarn. I steer clear from it. Weaving ends back and forth 4-5 times has always worked great for me.

Edited by ReniC
  • Thanks 1

For a wearable like a baby jacket, I'd get some matching sewing thread and darn the unruly ends on the wrong side (inside of the jacket).  Would be much cheaper and undoubtedly more durable, comfortable for the baby, and certainly washable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

For a wearable like a baby jacket, I'd get some matching sewing thread and darn the unruly ends on the wrong side (inside of the jacket).  Would be much cheaper and undoubtedly more durable, comfortable for the baby, and certainly washable.

This is what I would do!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that - I have done this in the past but this is a striped jacket and there are literally dozens of ends. I'm pretty good at weaving them in normally but for this item I can't weave backwards and forwards and the little beggars are popping up and it looks a mess.

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

It might be Sewline Fabric Glue.

Tip: No matter what brand of fabric/sewing glue I've tried in the past, including this brand, it leaves a stiff, bumpy residue on the yarn. I steer clear from it. Weaving ends back and forth 4-5 times has always worked great for me.

Ah right - that's disappointing. I can't weave back and forth as it's striped on each row and I like inside to look neat. If it's all the same colour it's so much easier to weave back and forth but I literally have dozens of ends all different shades and most are at front edges of jacket. Thanks for your info on glue though.

Would a fabric 'facing strip' sewn on under the front edges work to cover the ends?  You could use grosgrain ribbon instead of fabric (less hemming).  Sometimes sturdy ribbon is used for seam stabilization for knitwear, but I'd think it should work for hiding ends along a front edge, and could be a little decorative-ish.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bgs said:

I have no idea what glue that might have been but this article might help you decide on a fabric glue.

Thank you. Good information in the article. I did read a similar one and they all claim to do a good job without going hard so it's really difficult to know what to do. When I first read about using fabric glue to seal ends I was not keen at all but then I made this particular item and having to weave in so many ends  in the same areas will I think spoil it. I'm not bothered by the time it will take - weaving in ends doesn't bother me normally but it will spoil this little baby jacket.

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Would a fabric 'facing strip' sewn on under the front edges work to cover the ends?  You could use grosgrain ribbon instead of fabric (less hemming).  Sometimes sturdy ribbon is used for seam stabilization for knitwear, but I'd think it should work for hiding ends along a front edge, and could be a little decorative-ish.  

Thank you I'd not thought of that at all. I'll have a look into that option. I'll pop up a photo of the jacket if I can work out how to so you can see my problem. It's only half sewn up at the moment.