Granny ripple help

CM85

Question

I am on row 2 and the end of it says skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp; turn I'm not sure what this means, these is the last part I did (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch 3 sp, {3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice and I'm at the end of the row.

For reference the full row 2 is Ch4, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch 3 sp, {3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice**, skip sp between next 2 groups, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice; rep from * to last sp, end at **; skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp;turn

6 answers to this question

My interpretation of skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp; turn

When you get to this part you should have 3dc and 1 ch-sp left from previous row.

You would not work in the 3dc stitches and work in 1dc in the last ch-sp then turn your work.

If you are already at the end of the row it could be you have gone wrong somewhere.

I hope this helps but if not I hope someone else can provide a better answer. 

How did you react to the double asterisk in the middle of the repeat?  The ** is a marker that conventionally means you ignore the mark all the way through a row until you get to the spot where it tells you to 'activate' it.   So when you are at the point where there is only 3 sc and a chain space left, you should be at the ** part of the pattern, and you skip the part I crossed off and finish with the bold part.

Ch4, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch 3 sp, {3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice**, skip sp between next 2 groups, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice; rep from * to last sp, end at **; skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp;turn