Granny ripple help

Question

I am on row 2 and the end of it says skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp; turn I'm not sure what this means, these is the last part I did (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch 3 sp, {3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice and I'm at the end of the row.

For reference the full row 2 is Ch4, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch 3 sp, {3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice**, skip sp between next 2 groups, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice; rep from * to last sp, end at **; skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp;turn

6 answers to this question

My interpretation of skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp; turn

When you get to this part you should have 3dc and 1 ch-sp left from previous row.

You would not work in the 3dc stitches and work in 1dc in the last ch-sp then turn your work.

If you are already at the end of the row it could be you have gone wrong somewhere.

I hope this helps but if not I hope someone else can provide a better answer. 

Welcome to Crochetville. Please post a link to the pattern to help you better.

How did you react to the double asterisk in the middle of the repeat?  The ** is a marker that conventionally means you ignore the mark all the way through a row until you get to the spot where it tells you to 'activate' it.   So when you are at the point where there is only 3 sc and a chain space left, you should be at the ** part of the pattern, and you skip the part I crossed off and finish with the bold part.

Ch4, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice, *(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch 3 sp, {3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice**, skip sp between next 2 groups, [3 dc between next two 3-dc groups] twice; rep from * to last sp, end at **; skip last 3 dc, dc in last ch-sp;turn

Meant to add this link, there's a lot of great info at this site, not just this page.  Scroll down so the 'parentheses, asterisk and brackets part', to where the paragraph starts "now just to make things more complicated'...it explains the double asterisk.