Ren

Ren Fisher

Hi, I'm Ren Fisher from Killarney in regional Queensland.  I'm 65 years old and haven't crocheted since I was about 15. But 1st grandchild coming up in July and since I'm now officially retired, I thought I would give it a go.  I'm just doing a very basic 1 piece square rug in two colours.  Was going great guns, got the square into the right shape and changed to the alternate colour, did one row around and then wanted to do the next white row.  My question is should I tie off each colour at the end of the row or is there some way to twine the alternate colour up the stitch so I can continue without cutting off the colour I've just finished.  (I hope that makes sense).  Any suggestions?

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

I gather you are going to continue with the same colors on different rows.  If this is the case, you can always crochet over the color you just finished with, so that you can use it on the next row.  Just don't carry it over for more than 3 stitches.  By the way what stitch are you using for the rug?

You will get more answers to your question in the Crochet Help thread.  I hope this helps.

Edited by Tampa Doll