Treble crochet in chain space

Nicolapen

Question

7 answers to this question

Fixed your pic (I copied your image into Paint and flipped it there, I don't think the forum has photo editing tools).  

I have to think a lot more stitches are going to happen in this chain space to keep that one company, the next stitch can't possibly be be on the far side of that long chain.  What does the next bit of the pattern say? 

In the meantime, you could undo the treble and re-do it, keeping a tighter hold on the loop on the hook between the treble and the prior stitch so it doesn't loosen up quite so much.

rightside up.jpg

@Granny Square Thanks for taking time to reply but I have decided to frog this and do something else (found another pattern that starts out the same) as there end up being over 36 chain spaces to be worked into. The pattern had you working 5 DC in the chain 3 space and I was redoing the first and second ones several times 

That actually looks somewhat normal or what its going to tend to look like.  You have to watch and pull your yarn tighter as you move from that sc to your dc ( looks like US sc and dc but I might be wrong) so it pulls the top of the dc over towards the sc to make that side of the fan or shell shape.

3 minutes ago, Nicjane said:

@Granny Square Thanks for taking time to reply but I have decided to frog this and do something else (found another pattern that starts out the same) as there end up being over 36 chain spaces to be worked into. The pattern had you working 5 DC in the chain 3 space and I was redoing the first and second ones several times 

Just curious as to what were you working on?  Is it a free pattern on the internet?  If so you can post the link.  

I just realized that I didn't look to the right of your "gappy" chain, where I see what looks like 5 US DCs over a chain space - and there's no gap at all between the last US DC of that group, and the US SC that follows it.  I know you said you started another pattern, but I just wanted to let you didn't do anything wrong, really, that a little re-do focusing on snugging-up that area wouldn't fix.  Every so often I'll throw out a non-conforming stitch and a stitch or 2 later decide to rip and fix it - actually often with chains too, I chain a bit more loosely than my other stitches.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bgs said:

Just curious as to what were you working on?  Is it a free pattern on the internet?  If so you can post the link.  

@bgs @Granny Square The link to the pattern I was working on is below. I found it easier to go from last DC (treble UK) in chain space to SC (after skipping a stitch) than the other way round. Difficult to get shells symmetrical. 

https://www.thelavenderchair.com/stacked-shells-floppy-sun-hat-crochet-pattern/

• Like 1

As you become more comfortable with patterns if you see a better way or know you can change things up a bit so you are happier with it go for it.  Its all about it pleasing you and not did I do everything exactly as the pattern was written. For example when working shells I tend to use slip stitches in place of sc because I usually like that look better.

• Like 1