Can anyone decipher end stages of pattern please

Nicolapen

Question

Making a basket these rounds refer to sides

Round 6-12: dc into each stitch in the round (30st)

Round 9: dc into each st in the round (30st), fasten off and weave in ends. 

Is there a typo as it makes no sense why round 9 would be after 12?

4 answers to this question

I would ignore the line numbering, it's probably a typo or artifact of the designer's change-of-mind in the height of the basket - meaning the prior line might have said to repeat rounds 6-8, and they decided it was too short so they amended that line to add rounds but didn't notice to change the next line number.

On 1/12/2021 at 5:11 PM, Granny Square said:

I would ignore the line numbering, it's probably a typo or artifact of the designer's change-of-mind in the height of the basket - meaning the prior line might have said to repeat rounds 6-8, and they decided it was too short so they amended that line to add rounds but didn't notice to change the next line number.

Thanks have found out from creator that there was a type

Edited by Nicjane
Update

At this point dont get hung up on the pattern.  Do what looks good to you---what you are happy with.  Looking at pattern photos can often help you figure things out.  You can do searches for errata on patterns.  You can also search Ravelry (free to join) to see if people have made the pattern and their comments if any.

I can assure you the pattern police won't come to your door if you decide to stop and finish off at a point that looks good to you, rather than the row the pattern says to.  If that were the case, I'd be in DEEP trouble  :wink   

Obviously you can't change every pattern without more thought (or unintended consequence), example If this was something that had to fit into another piece it might be different / more complicated), but the height of a basket - not so much.  Example, everybody has a different stitch tension, mine happen to be average width but rather short, according to most patterns' gauge requirements.  So if I found a basket pattern that said it was 5" tall, and I needed one just that size, I'd probably have to add more rows (than the pattern says I should need) to get it to that measurement. 

--And I see Bgs has just posted the same thought as I was typing this.

Edited by Granny Square