How was this made?

koikoikoi

Question

4 answers to this question

Not sure if you mean how they did the drawstring and tie part?  Can't see much of the stitch pattern, but the bumps are popcorns...

General recipe:  make a 'bag', either 2 rectangles sewn together leaving the top open,  or if you have ever made a hat from the top down, make a very large (or not)  hat -  start with a flat circle for the diameter you want*, and work even for the length to the holes for the handle.  

To make the hole row - any stitch, *make some span of stitches, chain 2, skip 2 (or whatever number that makes a gap big enough to thread the handle thru), repeat.  Obviously plan this out so the spans between holes are spaced evenly.  Next row, stitch around, putting 1 stitch into each of the chains of the open span (you can stitch over the chains if you want, for this I think it would look better if you stitched into the chain).  A few more rows for whatever distance you want above the tie.

* general recipe for a flat circle, US stitch terms:  SC=6, HDC=8 or 9, DC=12.  Make an adjustable ring, put that number of stitches in the circle (lets say SC, so 6 sc in the ring for round 1). Mark the first stitch of the round, and move the marker up each round.  Each round increases by 6, so round 2 is 2 SC in each stitch (total is now 12.  Round 3: *1 sc, inc in the next stitch (inc=2 SC in 1), repeat--total is now 18.  Row 4: *2 sc, inc, repeat around--total now 24.  Row 5: *3 sc, inc, repeat around, total now 30.  See the pattern?  You increase the number of stitches between increase by 1 each round.

• Like 1

The grip could be an i cord that was completed and then slid onto strap before completing the strap.  An i cord is a tube and can be knitted or crocheted (single crochet).  Looking at the stitches it looks to me like it most likely was crocheted (single crochet) flat and then wrapped around the handle seaming or crocheting the sides together around the strap.

• Like 1