Blanket with roses?

kelvweb

Question

11 answers to this question

I have not been able to find this Afghan, but I have a few questions.  Is this your afghan? Can you spread it out to see the pattern better? If not yours where did you get the photo from? Is it made in one piece or in panels? Are those the original colors? It's a very pretty Afghan, so I'll be looking for til I find it. 

Good Morning. That is a very pretty blanket. I've never seen it before though. Do you still have a link where the photo came from?

This is the only rose afghan I know of that's similar but made with a J/ Afghan Hook.

I don't have any info on this pattern, but a consideration - I've seen several vintage throw patterns that are made by making the fabric in a Tunisan stitch (proably TSS) and embroidered.  Edit - and just as I typed that, Reni came up with an excellent example!!

You could easily translate this into Tapestry Crochet method, or standard colorwork.

Here is the page where the earlier link came from, when I typed the above I was thinking of one of the the blankets done in strips (Roses in Bloom) but there's many others along similar lines that may work or you could adapt (the flower designs are charted, so you could use them as a starting point)

Edited by Granny Square

I saw the picture on a Facebook group.   I was able to message the lady who posted the picture to Facebook.  She lives in Germany.  She said she made up the pattern as she crocheted.   I told her she should write it down and sell the pattern.  It's so unique and beautiful!

Edited by kelvweb

16 hours ago, RubyRed said:

I really like it. Colors are great!  If you get a pattern from her please let me know, I'd  buy one too.

Yes, I'll post a link if she winds up selling the pattern.

16 hours ago, RubyRed said:

I really like it. Colors are great!  If you get a pattern from her please let me know, I'd  buy one too.

Edited by kelvweb

Kelvweb, I'm glad you managed to contact the designer but if she does write up the pattern, she owns the copyright to it and it would be illegal to post it here without her express permission.  If she posts it on her blog or on Facebook, you could post a link to her posting which is OK, because she has authorized it's viewing there, but you can't copy the pattern itself and post it elsewhere legally.

53 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Kelvweb, I'm glad you managed to contact the designer but if she does write up the pattern, she owns the copyright to it and it would be illegal to post it here without her express permission.  If she posts it on her blog or on Facebook, you could post a link to her posting which is OK, because she has authorized it's viewing there, but you can't copy the pattern itself and post it elsewhere legally.

Yes, I understand that.   🙂

Edited by kelvweb