Bates Smartglo Crochet Hooks

Lamick

Hmm, I see them listed online at a couple of places, which described how they work, but they appear to be discontinued which is not surprising as they seem more novelty than functional as far a the light aspect.  Have you ever had a glow-in-the dark toy, or clock with glow-in-the-dark numbers painted on, the sort you need to leave out in the light to 'charge up' like these  hooks?  They would only emit enough light to enable you to find a dropped one glowing (very!) faintly if the room was pitch black.  If you were watching TV sitting on the couch with the TV as the only light source, that would probably be too much light in the room to see the very faint glow of the hook.  They wouldn't light up anything around them, like the yarn or your fingers (or enable you to read a pattern).   And you'd have to leave them exposed to the light all the time if you did want to use them in the dark.

I think hooks that actually have a LED in them would be a better investment if you want functionality in low-light situations, or for dark yarn.

• Like 1

These seem to be a novelty item.  The glow in the dark hooks pop up with different brands for a brief time and then disappear.  The lighted hooks as mentioned do seem to have more of a staying power in the hook market.

If you are really stuck on finding them you are probably going to have to look at secondary markets.

I purchased these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G11B3F9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They come in several colors and the best part is you do not have to buy batteries.  I have both and prefer these.  I have used them several times and like them.