Sign in to follow this  
Coffeywoman

Hyperbolic Triangle

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. I haven't been here for quite a while but knew just where to go to get answers to my burning question. 😊 I have recently re-caught the hyperbolic crochet bug. I understand the principals of it but am having difficulty with one design in particular. It is a hanging structure by Gabrielle Meyer in an elongated triangular shape. How would this be done, do you think?  A long chain and graduated sizes of crochet stitches on each side of the chain?  This is the best concept I've come up with.  Has anyone here ever tried it?  I want to do this so bad I can taste it. Lol. Here's a picture of said sculpture by Gabrielle Meyers. Thanks in advance. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Coffeywoman
Title

Posted (edited)

Hi Diane- Nice to see you back here.

Whoa- that was a time consumer and a yarn hog to make I'm sure. In it's own way, it is pretty. I've not worked with this technique before. Maybe someone else will have a few suggestions for you. If you do make this, I would love to see it. And don't forget to check your local library. There are some books out there and maybe a few have patterns in them.

Have you seen these videos already? Maggie Weldon, Benjamin Krudwig 

ETA: Do you recall this post back in 2007? I has some good info.

Edited by ReniC

Hi Reni. Thank you.  And yes. I had gone through most of the old posts before positing my question. I am determined to figure out how to make it. I swear I will because I love the look and that its bright and free and not huge. Might make a Lorenz Manifold as well, but there's instructions out there for that. Lol. 

It is beautiful and fascinating.  I know absolutely nothing about it and would be tickled to see photos of what you accomplish and hear your thoughts on the process.

It is beautiful and fascinating.  I know absolutely nothing about it and would be tickled to see photos of what you accomplish and hear your thoughts on the process.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:15 AM, Coffeywoman said:

Hi Reni. Thank you.  And yes. I had gone through most of the old posts before positing my question. I am determined to figure out how to make it. I swear I will because I love the look and that its bright and free and not huge. Might make a Lorenz Manifold as well, but there's instructions out there for that. Lol. 

Oh I can't wait to see it! Keep us posted please.