Help! I'm out of discontinued thread!

Becks

:help Help! I've been working on my "Hogwarts" castle dollhouse for the Harry Potter dolls I made.

I've got the four walls and two outer towers done.

I still need to make two more outer towers, two inner towers, and all the roofs.

I ran out of thread and the store I bought them at (Jo Ann Fabrics Etc), doesn't carry this thread color anymore.

The thread is Coats and Clark

Aunt Lydia's Denim`Quick Crochet

Article # 152

Color: 1143 Olive

400 yards

I've been checking online starting with the Coats and Clark site to their suggested retailers' sites who carry their products, but still can't find it in this color.

The one site I found that did have the color listed was a wholesale distributer and said it doesn't sell to individuals.

I've used about 6 balls and I'm guessing I need about that many more to finish. The middle two towers are taller than the outer ones. I may have to switch colors if I can't get this anymore.

Can you all keep your eyes out for this thread?

I'd really appreciate it! :ty

I have a retail license - perhaps I could order it for you. If you send me the link to where I can order it. Might have to order a dozen at a time, tho. I'll check my wholesale book and see if I can find it in there.

:help Help! I've been working on my "Hogwarts" castle dollhouse for the Harry Potter dolls I made.

I've got the four walls and two outer towers done.

I still need to make two more outer towers, two inner towers, and all the roofs.

I ran out of thread and the store I bought them at (Jo Ann Fabrics Etc), doesn't carry this thread color anymore.

The thread is Coats and Clark

Aunt Lydia's Denim`Quick Crochet

Article # 152

Color: 1143 Olive

400 yards

I've been checking online starting with the Coats and Clark site to their suggested retailers' sites who carry their products, but still can't find it in this color.

The one site I found that did have the color listed was a wholesale distributer and said it doesn't sell to individuals.

I've used about 6 balls and I'm guessing I need about that many more to finish. The middle two towers are taller than the outer ones. I may have to switch colors if I can't get this anymore.

Can you all keep your eyes out for this thread?

I'd really appreciate it! :ty

Just a suggestion. Just because Jo-Anns says it's discontinued that doesn't mean it is. I was looking for Windsor Blue in Red Heart and needed one more skein when they told me it was discontinued. Not only was it NOT discontinued, they still stock it to this day at my local Wal-Mart and Rag Shops. Sometimes stores will change their plan-o-grams and certain colors and styles won't be on it anymore. Just look a little harder and you should find it. Worst case scenario: Get it off eBay or a specialty yarn shop... GOOD LUCK!

This is the site I found it at

http://www.checkerdist.com/thread_charts/152c.htm

I'm always wary of on-line sellers. The bottom of the page says 2004 but I don't know if it's been kept up.

They may even be out of it too if no one makes it anymore.

It says

Retail $5.48 per package

Minimum - 1 package / 3

The Jo Ann Fabrics had them clearance priced at $4.00 each. This is why I think this site is old and may no longer be valid.

If the minimum is 1 package of three, I would need 2 packages for a total of 6 balls/skeins.

Shelleden, could you find out if they are still selling it and if they would sell it to you because you have a retail license and let me know if it is possible? Then we could work out the details in private messages. :ty:hug

I snagged two I found on e-bay. :yay

(Man! With the cost of S&H it just kills my idea of making this thing with cheaper sale priced thread!!!) :lol

Anyway, this guarantees I can make the last two outer towers in this same thread so they will match at least. :cheer

Shelleden said she will check her Jo ann store and Hobby Lobby store for me.:)

Did you wind up having any in this color, mythunderbird? :xfin

I can always make the middle towers in a different color too, I suppose.

Archived