Groups being lost to us

For years now I have used my Yahoo group as a sort of back up device for all my work  Now Yahoo is acting strangely... :eek

I just posted a pattern - which seems to have posted- and pics for the pattern - which did not upload.  In addition all the pics for the entire group seem to be gone.

I'm just mentioning this for others who have yahoo crochet groups that they count on.

It feels like my crochet life is in jeopardy.  Most of my patterns are posted here but so many of them have been lost that I don't really see this a permanent place to keep files.

I'm just assuming that crochet types like to congregate and letting you know you should check.

Darski - Sorry to hear about all the issues with Yahoo and even here. It does seem like things are in jeopardy. I know there are free Wordpress sites you can use. Maybe get one of those for another backup of your patterns and photos. I have been worried about Flickr as it was sold and I have to pay for my photos to be hosted there. I have some on my blog too but only a partial backup of all my photos as I just don't have the space and upload ability.

Best wishes and hope you can find a backup solution that feels right for you.

Hi: Several years back I lost many photos on a online album. Learned my lesson there. Since then, I back up everything on my own Pen Drives. I label everything by date and title such as Afghans, Hats, Doilies, Gifts, etc. They are  inexpensive, store a lot of data and easy to use.

yes, I lost some stuff when Yahoo cancelled the briefcase days.  There was  nothing major but you feel it all the same.

I just put everything from my "Hooked" folder on the laptop I use only for playing Civ III.  Should probably do the same for my "Camera" folder

Archived