Hello and thank you for sharing your community with me.  I'm an avid crocheter and have been crocheting for about 18 years.  I taught myself by getting a beginners book on crocheting and my very first project was a ripple afghan in colors of rose, blue, Burgundy, and cream.  After that I was "hooked".  I learned how to do the granny square and would make blankets out of granny squares and also entire blankets with the granny square pattern.  Over the years I tried different things and discovered I really enjoy making beanies and character hats they are very quick, easy, and fun to me, and there was a time I made them for infants as well as people with cancer- I plan to do that again actually and encourage others to do it as well as it's one of the most rewarding things I've done in my life.  Although I've learned a lot there is still so much I don't know but am excited and willing to learn.  I'll do my best to help others here if I can and look forward to seeing all the wonderful creations being made and sharing mine too. Blessings.   Nina

• 3 weeks later...

Archived