Brandonmartin

Trying to locate Afghan pattern*

Question

Grandma wants to finish an afghan she started years ago but can't find the pattern , this is part of it . Any help is useful . Looking for resources on the pattern so she can finish it . Thank you 

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

Edited by Brandonmartin

5 answers to this question

Very pretty pattern.  I looked on Ravelry and Antique Pattern Library and didn't find anything close, sorry!.  Hope someone else comes along that recognizes it.

Edited by Granny Square

I'm almost positive that is a mile-a-minute.  I feel like I had an Annie's catalog years ago with it in there.  Of course I don't have that old catalog anymore but maybe the MAM idea will give you more places to look.  Although I didn't see it on a quick look.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Looking more closely, it's fairly easy to tell how it's made.

First, in red, you make a 'skeleton' of rows of 4 DCs. 

Then you go around with white, and make 5 DCs over the end DCs in every other row, and between the first 2 and last 2 DCs as you turn the corner around the ends.  

Then, go around in red and make a sc into each DC.

The only odd thing is that mostly it looks like the DCs are made into DCs , but sometimes it looks like V stitches.   Also I spotted an inconsistency in the right strip, where it looks like the white didn't skip a row like it does everywhere else.  In any event what I described appears to be close to the pattern she used.

On 4/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, Brandonmartin said:

Grandma wants to finish an afghan she started years ago but can't find the pattern , this is part of it . Any help is useful . Looking for resources on the pattern so she can finish it . Thank you 

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG