Attic24 Woodland Blanket CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was able to add a few more rows last night while watching TV.  Didn't work on it at all during the day as I had a migraine.  Feeling better now.  It's going to be a very cold Saturday here in St. Louis, so I will be able to get some more rows done to finish Part I. BRRRR !

Hi, Mona.  Congrats on getting Part I finished.  Question: Are you making your afghan as wide as the pattern calls for?

I am finished with Part I also.  Today I will begin the first color of Part II.  Woke up to snow this morning, so it's a "stay in" kind of day. That's okay. More crocheting!!

As I was crocheting along today, it just didn't feel right.  So I laid the afghan out and was shocked. This pic is of the afghan folded over.  Look at how uneven the edge is!!  All the counts are correct - I've been very careful about counting.  I have no idea what is wrong.

HPIM2849.thumb.JPG.6188c717394f3b870748d23a5d8a4eb4.JPG

Oh, no! The only two things I can think of--change in tension for whatever reason, and picking up the wrong size hook--don't seem like they would make that much difference or that one size of the blanket gets narrower and the other wider. If you've got the six stitches on the outer side of the first/last valley, I don't know that could be causing it.

Could you be missing the last stitch on the end of the row, and adding one stitch on the beginning of the next???  That could explain the slant.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, Avon Lady said:

Could you be missing the last stitch on the end of the row, and adding one stitch on the beginning of the next???  That could explain the slant.

Collette, I don't think so but of course it's always possible.  I've been counting each row.  Well, it has been put into a time out for awhile.

Okay.  I am no longer angry with this project and have taken it out of its time out. 

Decided to frog the entire 40+ rows and start over.  Part 3 was released today, so I am VERY far behind.  Fingers crossed that this second time will work out.

Mona, how are you coming along with your Woodland afghan?  

Holly, have you started yours yet?

Judy, would love to see a pic of your afghan.

Just this evening, I finished Part 2.  So far no slanting.  Happy camper about that!  Will be starting on Part 3 tomorrow afternoon.  Hoping to get at least half of Part 3 done before Part 4 is posted on Friday. 

Big Woodland CAL hugs to all.

Oh, great progress! I've got six color stripes to finish part 2. I worked on it some this weekend but not the past two days. We'll be away Friday and Saturday and I'll be taking a more portable project with me, so I better get busy the next two days.

Well, everyone, I was able to finish all three parts.  Part 4 will be released today. 

I sure don't know what happened when first trying this pattern and got that horrible slanting.  But this time around, no slanting at all.  Happy crocheter here. :cheer

I still suspect that you are making an extra stitch on one end and missing the stitch on the other end.  I have done this before--the count comes out right, but the placement of the stitches on the end incorrect!  Sometimes it's just hard to see!

Archived