Where does one find sz 20 RED crochet thread

cristin~FL

Does anyone know where I can go *physically* buy some size 20 red crochet thread?

I looked at JoAnns and WalMart....nothing. I called three LYS and nobody has it.

I saw some at Herrsherr's....(however you spell that online superstore! love that place!!) but their shipping is too slow. I need to have a spool by next Thursday, November 3rd. I'm taking a bus trip with my daughter's band and want to start a really cool doily for my Mom.

I REALLY want to make this one!! :hook

Anyone have any suggestions???

I'm desperate!!!

ha! never thought of that!!! That'd be too easy.............LOL!!

I'll have to see what kind of time I have on Sunday.....you wouldn't believe how busy these next few days are!

Thanks, Elizabeth~~I know I'll need it (and a few prayers too!!!)

One of my friends here at work is going to check with a couple women she knows who may know where to send me or may have some thread themselves for me!! :) yay!!

The pattern is just gorgeous! vintage. And it looks easy enough do to.

Thanks for the Google search!! What a sweetheart you are!! :manyheart But, yes, I did check with them. She said they don't carry *crochet* thread -- knitting yarn. (she seemed a little snobbish, if I were to be honest...)

I may just go with Ecru after all.....then Mom can enjoy it all year round...?? I'm still undecided, but I don't have much time if I want to take it on the trip this weekend!! Ack! :eek I hate last minute indecisiveness.....

I'll check out the link, too. Thanks!!!

I did a quick Google search and their name came up a couple of times. They're in Palm Harbor and their phone number is (727) 784-6778 if you want to check for red thread.

For other cities that may be near you, go to www.sweaterbabe.com/directoryFL.htm .

Good luck!

I bought some size 20 thread at Michaels. If you don't have one close maybe you can order on line. I'll look around for u. I made an order and it took me 3 days to get it.

I know Keltic Kraft has size 20 and yes size 30. She has solids and variegated colors.

http://www.keltickrafts.com/ColorChart/colorchart.html

She hand dyes all of her threads and does have Ruby Red. She'll also do custom colors. I've boughten size 30 for her before and I have been very happy. The colors are truely vibrant.

I've also gotten size 20 from http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/crochet-thread.html

Hope this helps.

Pam

This may or may not help you but I'm just now seeing it. I ordered some thread last Tuesday from Country Yarns and it arrived on Thursday. I'm sure she's got red in size 20, I'd send her an email and ask - of course you'd have to pay by PayPal to get it that fast. But even if it didn't work for this time, it's an option for the next thread emergency.

Actually, Julie!!! That's a GREAT resource! Thank you for the link!! :clap

She does have Red Cebeila size 20 thread!! AND it's about a $1 cheaper than Herrschnerr's -- you guys, I ordered yarn from H. on October 19th and I STILL haven't gotten it!!! -- okay, I just had to vent on that one. I'm getting pretty discouraged about that. Anyway...........

I think I will order the red thread from Country Yarns and take a different project with me on the bus.

THANKS A BUNCH!!! :hug

I'm with you on Herrschners, that's part of why I started looking for someone else to order from. Jennie is great and I'll definitely be ordering from her again. I'm so glad that helped! :U

Archived