Ripple Blanket Coming Out Uneven

jiminic2

Question

I've crocheted blankets in chevron/ripple pattern.  The blanket has 12 "peaks".  When I finished, I noticed that the ends didn't match.  The end I finished on was wider than when I started.  The stitch count is the same, and there are 12 "peaks" throughout.  I thought I kept the same tension throughout, but in the end, the two ends didn't meet. One end was longer than the other.  Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

I really believe in 'admiring your work' frequently to spot errors or issues.  I think one's tension can vary day to day, or tighten up while watching TV during scary parts. On a heavy thing like a blanket, your tension might loosen up as the fabric pulls down from your hook.  Or if you're like me, it seems I try to crochet faster when I see the end of a project in sight, which could change tension.

Granny Square made a few points I've too experienced. Since I have a couple of projects going at one time, I have picked up the wrong size hook and added several rows to a project only to have to frog it when I realized I had the wrong hook. Be sure and check your hook size.

Archived