Scrubbie with red heart scrubby yarn

Tribble79

So I thought the scrubby yarn was absolutely awesome and I despise store scrubbers,so I bought some scrubby yarn and began making this tonight.http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiral-scrubbie

Let me tell you, I still love this scrubbie yarn no matter the pain it is to work with and it's a good thing scrubbie is for me cause the following is my finished product. LOL.... I am sure it will work just as well as if it had turned out perfect. ????????????????????????????

post-73457-0-97391700-1454216741_thumb.jpg

I haven't used the yarn, but I've talked to a few women who have.  They always recommend crocheting with a strand of cotton yarn with the scrubbie yarn.  It's easier on the hands, easier to work and the finished product works better as a scrubbie.  Try it next time and let us know it it's any better.

Tribble79, on 30 Jan 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:Tribble79, on 30 Jan 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:Tribble79, on 30 Jan 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

So I thought the scrubby yarn was absolutely awesome and I despise store scrubbers,so I bought some scrubby yarn and began making this tonight.http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiral-scrubbie

Let me tell you, I still love this scrubbie yarn no matter the pain it is to work with and it's a good thing scrubbie is for me cause the following is my finished product. LOL.... I am sure it will work just as well as if it had turned out perfect.

attachicon.gif20160130_235011.jpg

This scrubby takes a bit of maneuvering when making. I admire your tenacity and hope you keep practicing. They are so cute and efficient when completed. Did you get a chance to follow the video tutorial included on the Ravelry page? The original English version is worth reading too. The end of the pattern is the key to shaping the scrubby to the pinwheel look. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. The chart for the original Japanese  Tawashi chart, since translated, might be helpful too.

I haven't tried the Scrubby yarn yet, but, I certainly am going to now as a result of your praise for it. I'm looking forward to how you progress.

BTW: The pattern makes a great cotton face scrubby too! :yes

ETA: Just saw this online. A very good set of photos for a step by step.

Thanks everyone. Yes, the mistake I made was at the end. I sewed the wrong ends together, and there was no way I was going to try and unstitch that scrubby yarn! I will try again. I want to make scrubby poufs for the shower.

Archived