How many repeats should I have ?

wildtigerlilly

Question

Chain112

Row 1: [2 DC, 3 CH, 1 Slip Stitch] in 4th ch from hook, *skip next 2 ch, [2 DC, 3 CH, 1 Slip Stitch] in next ch; repeat from * to end of row, turn.

How many repeats should I have at the end of row ? Do I divide 112 by 3 ?

http://www.leeleeknits.com/free-chunky-crochet-throw-pattern/#comment-489

3 answers to this question

aaaggghhh, math!    :lol    Not my strong suit.   I'm sure others who are better at it will chime in, and i may be wrong but---

i agree that each "skip next 2 ch, [2 DC, 3 CH, 1 Slip Stitch] in next ch"

does use 3 sts.  but the first set that you do in the 4th ch from hook is the same thing so really that is a repeat also.  so that uses 4 chains.  subtract 4 from 112 leaves 108.  108 divided by 3 = 36.  add that first set back in and you should have 37 total.  I think!! :think

Sounds right to me.

In general, take the turning chain out of the equation, and take into account that patterns are often a little asymmetrical stitch count-wise to make them symmetrical pattern-wise (you end and begin with the cluster thing), so 1 cluster is missing it's 'ch 2'.

I hope that wasn't confusing, it was just another way to explain the +1 stitch versus an even number of 3-stitch repeats.

Archived