Is there is a page somewhere showing all the winners from the 2016 Herrschner's afghan contest?

Jennie G.

Question

They're already advertising a book to be available the end of January, but they only show the cover of the book.  I'd love to buy the book, but it's pretty much a pig in a poke not knowing what will be in it.  Here's a link to the book on the Herrschner's site

https://www.herrschners.com/product/herrschners%26%23174-++2016+award-winning+afghans+crochet+book.do?sortby=bestSellersAscend&page=5&from=fn

6 answers to this question

I don't know of anywhere the photos would be displayed, but, you might consider contacting them on their website and asking.

I never did find any photos for their 2015 issue of the same, so I never purchased the book. let us know if you do find anything.

They never show pics of all the patterns in their contest books, which is weird since the pics will sell the books.  Will let you all know if I find out.  I've seen a few of them as kits in the yarn catalog, at least they say 2016 winner.  With 22 patterns, I'm assuming they decided that it would be better to publish all the winners in one book instead of splitting them up like before.  Maybe they were hard to categorize, which sounds interesting.

I get their print catalog, and six of the winners afghans are pictured there on pg 62: The Secret Garden afghan by a Billie Birchfield, Hoot Hoot Ray afghan by D. Michelle Jones-Lewis, and of course the cover page one Ripples and Waves by Sheila Butlin, to name the first few. I would request their catalog, or see if you can view the "Spring 2016" catalog in a pdf or something on their website. There is a giant red Poinsettia on there, looks like a giant doily, but I like it for its novelty. Anyway, hope this helps? I don't have the means to post an image of the printed magazine catalog sorry./  

Thank you!  I received my paper catalog last week, and there are some of the winners in it but they're either not showing all of them or they are spread all over the catalog.  I'm afraid they are only showing the "good" afghans and the rest of them will be ripples or whatever.  But then the book has 22 patterns in it on sale for $19.99, so I guess I'll just have to break down and buy it sight unseen.   And it now says it is in stock.

Archived