crocheting men's house shoes

stacey47

Question

6 answers to this question

Is it a free pattern on a blog or yarn mfg. site that you could link to so we could see the pattern steps and photo?  Or is it in a published book/magazine?

I'm guessing by the wording that it is telling you to turn 90 degrees and start to work across the side edge of the piece.

That sounds to me like you've made the sole and the top.  You're putting an edge around where the foot slips in.  First you're making an sc edge around the back and then across the top.  The "11 sc across the edge" is where you'll evenly space 11 sc stitches at the end of the rows you made for the top of the slipper.  To get 11 even stitches, place a marker in the middle of the end of the rows.  Make 5 sc stitches to the marker, 1 sc stitch where the marker is and then 5 more sc stitches.

By George, I think Reni's found it!

Interesting construction.  You start at the ankle, work a few rounds, then work in rows for what they call the heel (really heel and sides of the foot).

Look at the photo on page 1, which shows the bottom of the foot. See there is a little ridge across the top of the foot, a little closer to the toe than the heel?  That is the transition line where you will be turning 90° and working into the ends of the rows you started with, to form the top of the foot (instep).  You will be working toward the toe.   

Archived