Does this look even?

Skylar Taylor

Question

7 answers to this question

Is it the same brand of yarn for both?  Sometimes the different brands for the same weight of yarn will be a little different.  Sometimes even different colors of the same brand can seem thicker or thinner, too.  

I wouldn't worry about it.  Also, when you add the next color, working into the blue, it will shorten up the blue (a little) visually.

When you work with odd numbers of rows, it does that. It's because you are looking at more fronts of stitches rows for one color, and those same rows are on the back for the next color.

So, for first color - the rows are front, back, front, back, front.

For second color - the rows are back, front, back, front, back.

When you work with odd numbers of rows, it does that. It's because you are looking at more fronts of stitches rows for one color, and those same rows are on the back for the next color.

So, for first color - the rows are front, back, front, back, front.

For second color - the rows are back, front, back, front, back.

Real Deal thank you so much for posting this!  It makes perfect sense and something I've never, ever thought of before!  

Yes, the stitches don't look quite the same height on the front and back, and this is when you notice it. I discover it a few years ago and was stumped as to what I would do about it. I actually like using odd numbers of rows, so what I usually do is make the rows obviously different, such as 3 rows in 1 color and 5 rows in the second color OR 5 rows in 1 color and 7 rows in the second color. No matter what, there are no rules about it, and do what you like best.

Archived