Using Weighted stuffing...beanies

roxycraft

Question

I am starting to incorporate weighted stuffing material into my crochet dolls...so far my techniques is pretty lame. I'm making little felt pouches to keep the beanies from escaping through the holes of my crochet work.

I thought of using panty hose, but that might get expensive...just wondering if any of you have done this and know of a better way to do it. :think

6 answers to this question

If it's nylon stockings you want cheap, "Payless" offers little socklets at the front counter to put on to try on their shoes for free. Just go browsing with a friend and grab a handful. A little unscrupulous, but free and you'd have an excellent excuse to go shoe browsing :)

--Mish

You could always use (laundered) snagged pantyhose. I've used them in cat toys so that the catnip doesn't escape. Tie a knot as tight as you can and turn inside out, put in the filling and then tie a knot to hold everything in. Don't cut too close to the knot and it should be okay.

My gran used to collect used pantyhose from just about everybody she knew so that she could make toys filled with rice or dried peas. Then she found a way of making the most gorgeous flowers from them using wire and food coloring....*sigh*...I miss my gran, she was a very crafty and clever lady.

Archived